Saturday, January 21, 2023

January 2023 Deals on Court Shoes

 After posting the good deals on rackets, I decided that I could also provide some direction on good deals on court shoes. As always, these are my opinions, and yours may vary. My opinions are shaped from over 50 years of buying tennis equipment. So yep, I have some things that I've liked over the years (Technifibre, Volkl, Yonex and Dunlop rackets as well as Adidas, Asics, K-Swiss, and Nike court shoes) and some things that I don't personally like (such as Head and ProKennex rackets and also Head shoes and Fila shoes). 

As of January 21, 2023, here are some shoes that I recommend that are also currently at low prices.

Court Shoes

I feel the need to explain what I mean by COURT shoes. Lots of people use the term "tennis shoes," but they rarely mean shoes for wearing while playing tennis. Thus, the term COURT shoes can help identify that we want shoes for actually playing on tennis courts. Of course, there's room for confusion because basketball is also played on a court, but basketball shoes are rarely (like never) good for playing tennis. Also, they are typically called basketball shoes and not court shoes. 

Running shoes are especially bad for use on tennis courts. Running shoes are made for running straight ahead, not for juking and jiving like you do in tennis. And THAT toe! The toe on a running shoe is totally unacceptable for the tennis court. You can wear a hole in the tow in one or two sessions.

Fashion sneakers? For example, Adidas makes a long line of good looking, lightweight shoes that seem to be pretty popular. They look great, but they will NOT hold up to the wear and tear on a tennis court, and they have soles that are not very grippy.

Buying shoes in the Twin Ports? Occasionally Dick's has one type of court shoes in the store. Usually none. You can order online from Dick's and then pick up at the store, and that might work, but make sure the prices are comparable with the online stores shown below. Finish Line in the mall? Nope, not that I've seen. 

Mens Shoes

Nike

I bought a pair of these Nike shoes during Black Friday 2022. Turns out they are the most comfortable of the 5 pairs of court shoes I currently own. Not super light, but not too heavy either.

Nike Court Zoom Pro Mens Tennis Shoe (light blue) - $64.95 less 20% off = $51.96

Nike Black - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96

Nike White - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96

Nike White (with blue and green) - only sizes 9.5 & 11 - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96

Nike Light Bone/Peach - $79.95 less 20% off = $63.96 

Adidas

I've been an Adidas shoe fan for decades, but lately they have been a bit of a hit and miss. I'll recommend a new type that I'm currently wearing and like very much, and also a newish style that I bought within the last year but that I cannot recommend. 

Just bought these two weeks ago. Looks great, feels good.

Adidas Defiant Speed Mens Tennis Shoe - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96

Adidas White/Pulse Blue - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96

I used to wear the Barricade line of shoes from Adidas (and still wear some older ones) but I cannot recommend the current styles of Barricade shoes. They totally messed them up. :( 

Here are a few more styles that are currently selling at very good prices:

K Swiss Ultrashot Team Mens Tennis Shoe (only 5 sizes avail) - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96

K Swiss Bigshot Light 4 Mens Tennis Shoe - $74.95 less 20% off = $59.96

K Swiss Bigshot Blue & Red - $74.95 less 20% off = $59.96

Womens Shoes

Okay, this is hard for me. I've never worn women's shoes. I'm making the assumption that the women's versions of my favorite shoes are also good shoes. Of course I could be wrong, but here goes.

Nike

Nike Court Zoom Pro Womens Tennis Shoe (Black/bronze) - $69.95 less 20% off = $55.96


Adidas

Too many to choose from, most at add'l 20% off

Others:

Okay, clearly this category is just a hope and a prayer for me. There seems to be many more choices in womens shoes, and the prices seem pretty reasonable, on many of them anyway. Browse at your leisure:


Womens K-Swiss (some are super low prices, like this one)

Womens Babolat (up to 61% off, plus extra 20%)

All of the above are from Tennis Point, which seems to be winning the price wars with the other online tennis sites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Racket Available - On Sale Now!

Hello Spartans tennis players! I'm writing this on Tuesday, March 5, 2024. This morning I played three sets with a brand new racket. It&...